Get Sun Smart!
Whether you have a family vacation coming up or you are simply planning on spending time in the sunshine this summer, we have got you covered. Protect your skin from the sun and keep it healthy with sun safety tips below:
- 1 ounce of sunscreen should be applied to your entire body. That’s enough to fill a shot glass. Reapply the same amount ever 2 hours
- Only broad-spectrum sunscreens of SPF 15+ can protect skin from UVA & UVB rays.
- Sunscreen expires within 2-3 years
- The Sun’s rays are their strongest from 10AM-4PM
- Keep babies out of the sun! It only takes 10 minutes for baby’s skin to burn, but sunscreen is not safe for infants under 6 months
- It takes about 30 minutes for sunscreen to soak into our skin and work effectively
- Sunscreen is only 1 level of defense! Add wide-brimmed hats, protective clothing and sunglasses for more coverage
- The risk of melanoma is 75% higher for those who used tanning beds before the age of 35
Learn more about how you can keep safe in the sun this summer here!